Shade Cloth Fence Covers – Installation
Installing Shade Cloth Covers
Shade cloth stretches/shrinks and changes shape due to a variety of reasons (for example if you pull it lengthwise it shrinks width wise and visa versa). In addition it is ideal to stretch it when installing so you have a tight fitting when finished.
The stretching/shrinking can cause problems when installing to an exact dimensions (especially when over a long distance). Basically you need to really be applying tension in all 4 directions at once. The method described below is how we found the easiest way to install them when securing off to eyelets.
Guide for best installation:
This is based on the longest edge being the critical length. (also usually works out easier this way)
- Temporarily secure 1st Edge
- Temporarily secure the opposite edge (you may need a little tension).
- Secure and lock off the top
- Secure and lock off the bottom (this is usually where the most tension is needed).
- Lock off the first edge (the connection points may have moved slightly as the tension is applied in the other direction)
- Lock off the last edge